Mission Statement: To make disciples of Jesus Christ by nurturing spiritual growth and providing avenues for service to others.
Who we are: Faith UMC is a growing mid-sized church located on the corner of Fruitville Pike and Koser Road (the entrance is on Koser Road). Sunday Services include a blend of contemporary worship songs and traditional hymns--and engaging, practical, Bible-based sermons. There is a Children's Time message each week in the service after which kids are invited to Junior Church. We also have a new Kid's Choir who share music during this service about once a month! We are an active church with many different opportunities to get involved--fellowship events, Bible Studies for all ages, and many ways to serve within the church and community. Faith UMC provides an intimate atmosphere where you can know people and be known. If you are looking for a church that is vibrant and excited about living out their faith, then Faith UMC may be the place for you.
FAITH UMC - EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP AND MUSIC MINISTRY:
Faith United Methodist Church is seeking a Part-Time Director of Worship and Music Ministry who desires to encourage Christian belief and action through worship. We are an active, growing, community-focused church in Lititz, PA that offers a blended service with contemporary and traditional elements. Candidates should be able to lead Sunday worship music with vocals and keyboard or guitar, select contemporary and traditional music connected to the weekly theme, and prepare volunteer musicians / vocalists to serve as a strong cohesive worship team.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and three references to:
Dr. Rebecca Mowrey, SPRC Chairperson
c/o Faith United Methodist Church
1290 Fruitville Pike,
Lititz, PA 17543
Applications can also be submitted by email to email@example.com (please include documents as attachments and not just copied into the body of the email)
Questions about the position can be directed to The Rev. Jason Perkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 333-9238
Deadline: The first round of interviews will begin with applications submitted by May 26, 2021, although we will continue to accept applications for subsequent rounds of interviews as needed.
Job Description (download a PDF copy):
- Position Title: Director of Worship and Music Ministry
- Goal: To inspire and encourage Christian belief and action through worship and music.
- Position Responsibilities: Work with Pastor and other staff to lead, plan, and execute the worship and music ministry of the church by
- encouraging the regular presence of skilled musicians and vocalists to support congregational singing,
- selecting traditional hymns and contemporary praise music for regular Sunday services that align with the weekly scripture texts,
- conducting weekly rehearsal and coaching sessions of the Music Team (both vocal and instrumental musicians with varying levels of experience),
- planning for special services held during annual Christian Holy Days, and special events related to the life of the Church community i.e., weddings, funerals.
- supporting the design of the sacred space of the Sanctuary, including the altar, to celebrate the themes of Worship,
- participating in Church Council bi-monthly meetings regarding worship and music ministry,
- identifying, securing, and when appropriate, training lay persons to participate in weekly worship through: reading scripture, teaching the Children’s Lesson, and operating the audio visuals and other technical aspects of the service.
- participating as an integral part of the Worship and Music Team, offering advice and assistance to team members, and at the same time, giving careful consideration to the suggestions and recommendations made by the team,
- acquiring the services of outside musicians as necessary (within costs approved in the church budget),
- making music budget recommendations each year to the Finance Committee, and
- creating an inventory and arranging for the maintenance of the music library, musical instruments, and relevant equipment owned by the church, with any outside services necessary, such as tuning or repair, being completed with Church Council approval and paid for by the church.
- Clearances: Have and maintain all required clearances (i.e., Child Abuse Clearances, State and Federal Criminal Clearances) and abide by all Safe Sanctuary policies.
- Preferred Skills:
- Personal dedication to a Christian life.
- Performance level proficiency in singing as well as keyboard and/or guitar.
- Ability to direct and accompany singing groups and instrumental groups.
- Ability to read and interpret written music scores.
- Proven experience to recruit, train, lead and encourage volunteers of all ages and skill levels for service in the worship and music ministry.
- Working knowledge of different styles of Christian music, including Contemporary Praise, Gospel, Traditional, Classical, Folk Music, and Spirituals.
- Expected Activities (with approximate time requirements):
- Sunday worship 10:00-12:00 noon (2 hours per week)
- Weekly worship team rehearsal (1.25 hours per week)
- Planning time (1-2 hours per week)
- Worship planning meeting once per month (1.25 hours per month)
- Rehearsals for special music (solos, quartets, etc.)
- Extra time for “special” events, especially during Advent and Lent (i.e., cantata, joint worship services) (as needed)
- Yearly Work Schedule: 50 weeks per year (2 weeks unpaid leave to be scheduled and approved in advance)
- Supervision and Administration:
- New Director candidates will be vetted by the SPRC in consultation with the Pastor. Recommendation for hire will be presented to Church Council for action.
- Supervision, annual review, salary and termination recommendations will be made to Church Council by the SPRC in consultation with the Pastor.
- The Director shall be subject to personnel policies approved by the SPRC and Church Council.
- There shall be a 120-day probationary period. The Director shall meet with the Pastor and the SPRC for a performance and salary review at the end of the probationary period, and annually thereafter.