Finances at Faith & FAQs on Online Giving
Letter from the Pastor Regarding Our Ministries and the 2019 Ministry Budget and Faithfully Forward Capital Campaign
Thank you for all of you who have been supporting the vibrant ministries of Faith UMC—and the ministries of the United Methodist Church throughout the world. Your prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness have been a true blessing. This has been a tremendous year! Eight people officially joined the church—and many more new folks have gotten deeply involved. New leaders are taking charge of various ministries—Shepherding, Missions, Finance, Lay Leadership, etc. People are serving on the Worship Team; repairing, upgrading and cleaning the facilities; planning social events and fundraisers, teaching; visiting folks; etc. We couldn’t possibly measure the diverse ways you have served one another and the community!!
Your focus on becoming more faithful disciples is astounding as attendance at our various Bible Studies, Sunday School, Philosopher’s Club, Youth Group and Lifetree Café is bursting at the seams. Every month 10-20 youth are served through Youth Group—and you sent ten of them to the Winter Youth Rally to hear multiple sermons, presentations, and worship services. You can’t imagine the impact that will have on their lives.
We have been able to support various individuals who have needed short-term financial help. This year many people experienced very difficult, life-changing circumstances. We have been able to provide pastoral counseling and the blessing of an entire church family that rallied around them with prayer, support, sympathy, friendship, and guidance. Innumerable hospital, hospice, and nursing home visits have extended the love of the church to those in pain. We have comforted families the loss of loved ones and celebrated lives through funeral services. We have blessed three young couples beginning their lives together through pre-marital counseling and officiating their weddings.
The Fellowship Hall and Education Wing was used to host bridal and baby-showers, birthday parties, and Eagle Scout Courts of Honor. We hosted training events for the District and Conference—including 160 people for the Equipping Church Leaders Conference. Weekly piano, organ and accordion lessons are taught in our sanctuary. AA and Al Anon leadership meetings take place here as well. The church has been packed for the Christmas Open House, the Corn Roast, Faith Day and the Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. You have truly enabled us to live into our mission of being a Community Hub by your generous support of our Ministry Budget and the Faithfully Forward Building Expansion.
Our Ministry Budget for 2019 is about $168,000. Working together this is an achievable target to fund the ministries to which we have been called.
This is also the third year of our Faithfully Forward Capital Campaign to pay for the Fellowship Hall and Education Building Expansion. This year we will pay off the $190,000 3-year loan. There is only $68,000 in principal and interest left to pay (from February-December). The second loan is for 21 years and costs $3,000 per month in principal and interest ($33,000 for the rest of the year). We still have $17,500 in reserves to help with these costs. In total, we need to raise $83,500 for debt repayment by December 2019—or about $7,600 per month. As we finish paying off this first loan in 2019, we will freed to focus our financial stewardship on more and more ministry opportunities as we head faithfully into the future!
In conclusion, we want to thank you for your prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness! Finally, if you haven’t already, we are asking you to prayerfully consider making a pledge to the Ministries and the Faithfully Forward Capital Campaign for 2019. If you have not yet pledged or if you need to make a change please submit a new pledge card (available online or at church) to the church office.
Thank you and God Bless!
The Rev. Jason Perkowski
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Online Giving:
- How do I make a contribution through the Vanco Online Giving System?
- Click on "Online Giving" (here or via the button on the left sidebar menu) and a new window will pop up prompting you with instructions on making a donation.
- There are other ways to give digitally to the church, but this is the simplest way for you to transfer funds directly from your card or bank account to the church's account.
- Many banks / credit unions allow you to go online and set up a schedule for them to automatically mail a check. You can have them mail it to Faith UMC, 1290 Fruitville Pike, Lititz, PA 17543 and we will manually process it when it arrives.
- If you have questions about other ways of making a donation (like Venmo, Facebook, etc.) please contact the Church Office at (717) 560-0321 or Office@FaithUMC.us.
- How do automated contributions work?
- You select a payment method, start date, frequency and contribution amount. On the scheduled date(s), donations will be processed and deposited into the church bank account.
- When will my contributions be processed?
- Your contributions will be processed on the date(s) you authorize (or the next day if it is after 3 PM).
- What can I use to show I made a donation?
- The itemized list of electronic transactions that appear on your bank or credit card statement can be used as proof of your donations. You will also receive quarterly and year-end statements from the church. If you create a profile in the online giving system you can also pull up a list of all of your transactions in your giving history.
- Will I receive a receipt?
- Yes. You will receive a receipt via email, and you will also be able to view transactions in your giving history if you created a profile in the online giving system. Guest donors will receive a receipt if they choose to enter their email address when completing a donation.
- How can I participate in the offering during service?
- “I Give Electronically” cards will be available on the Information Table at the church to drop into the offering plate.
- How safe is electronic giving?
- Vanco Payment Solutions meets or exceeds all industry standards to safeguard your data. To help ensure your data stays safe, Vanco leverages technology such as tokenizing card data and encrypting sensitive information for transmission and storage.
- Can I cancel or place a hold on my donation?
- You can cancel or suspend donations by notifying the church or by going online and signing into your account in order to make changes.
- I made a mistake and donated the wrong amount. How can I get a refund?
- Contact the church office at (717) 560-0321 or Office@FaithUMC.us and they will be able to credit the amount donated in error back to your account – just like when you return an item you bought at a store or online.
- What payment methods can I use to donate?
- Donations can be made with all major debit/credit cards. You can also give or pay using your checking or savings account.
- Are there any fees when I make an online donation using Vanco?
- The donor is not charged any fees by Vanco. There may or may not be fees charged by your bank/vendor based on their policies. However, the church is charged $0.45 per transaction as well as 1% for transactions made directly from your bank account (ACH Transfers) or 2.5% for transactions made from your debit / credit card (except for American Express which is a 4% fee).
- When you set up your donation to the church you can choose to increase your gift to cover those fees by the following method:
- For ACH transfers (all those that come directly from your bank account) you will need to calculate the amount by multiplying your donation by .01 and adding $0.45. That amount can then be added to your desired donation by typing it into the box where you can insert how much you want to add to cover fees.
- For Debit / Credit Card transfers there is a check box (on the screen where you enter the credit card number) to have the system automatically calculate the percentage for you and add it to your donation. However, that does not cover the $0.45 transaction fee. You could add $.045 that to the ACH box or directly into your donation amount if you wanted.
- You are not obligated to cover those fees, but if you do that amount is also tax deductible.